Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Internet issues

Warnings everyone - I have no hotel Internet. Thank god for free WiFi everywhere else! I am using my phone as hotspot but I am perilously close to my data limit on this UK SIM card.

I have tried to contact Basil, I mean Ewen, but tomorrow is a very stressful day for him - meeting with council bureaucrats about being closed down. So we will wait and see.

Am loving Edinburgh, the architecture, the sights and the Records Centre. Hope to be back on line soon.


Here is the Duke of Wellington statute outside the National Records Centre, where I spent today.


Got rained on catching train back to Dalkeith, again. So no visit to Newbattle Cemetery as planned.

Maybe tomorrow morning. It is tantalizingly close to the train station.





Yesterday I met up with Janice. She is the lady whose DNA matches I used to find her biological father. We both had lasagne which was delicious at her favourite restaurant Giuliano, which is about five blocks from the train station. 

We are 5th cousins. She was lovely, very chatty and it was heart warming to put the person to the ‘research’.

I also met her 22 year old son, although he got lost while shopping and I hope they both got home to Fife.







Will sign off to save my data.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? Tell me.

A family together in Newbattle Churchyard

  Robert was 74 years old when a wagon struck him at eight o’clock in the morning on a winters day in January 1887. He died instantly. His w...